Monday, July 7, 2014

.



A Big Bang on a Small Scale:






When I see you I see a life I'm afraid to lose--our love's greatest potential. Home movies that long from now I wont be able to help going back to. 

-

I'm opening the door to our room and you're sitting on the bed across from me and I'm remembering our first date.

Fire in the back yard and I told how life is stupid and beautiful and it's okay, that's what keeps me going.

The lamp on your night stand shines dim and golden and you don't turn to look and I close the door behind me.

I'm remembering following you through the city after dinner with friends and how beautiful the street lamps couldn't help but to look with you underneath them.

I'm walking to your side of the bed as you run your fingers through your hair.

I'm remembering me driving you home and It was you in my car and you were putting you hair up the way you always and I had never felt so at home with someone in my life.

Soft skin and freckled shoulders.
I'm remembering you up before the sun, making us coffee naked in our first kitchen--your bare feet on the hardwood floor.

I sit down next to you and you wipe all four fingers across your cheek to where they come to rest half under your jaw.

I'm remember my shaking hands putting a ring into yours.

You turn and look at me a mess and you've never been more than you are now.


And I'm remembering The way you looked at me when I first said I love you.

-

This was our first fight

and I'm afraid it will never happen.

~M

No comments:

Post a Comment