Thursday, December 10, 2015

.



“Here. Here is simple and happy. That's what I meant to give you.”

.

It really should have been perfect, but I'm not and you're not and that's becoming less and less okay. 
 It's just that you were looking out the widow of the apartment that I was pretending to be mine at 
what should have been a warm and slow sunrise over the city, but
It was just gray and it kind-of felt like
the morning had only picked up 
where yesterday left off.


You skipped the "good morning" and you
 said something like, "I'll never get sick of this view."


And I remember thinking 
I wish I loved you more.

With your socks you never not wear and your 
messy new haircut and the how good even this morning
looks with you in it, framed half-naked in the view 
that is not mine, but that I borrow sometimes, 
that I need sometimes--I wish I loved you more. 
But I don't love you, and I'm not sorry that
I can't, but I'm sorry I wont.

~M


No comments:

Post a Comment